The AKMA 3 (Advancing Knowledge on Methane in the Arctic) cruise was a groundbreaking research expedition that aimed to study the interaction between changing ocean conditions and the physical, biological, and chemical responses of extreme environments, such as methane seeps. The study was a multidisciplinary effort that investigated various sites in the Arctic region, yielding many unique discoveries.
OiOiOi was honored to join the cruise and document its findings. We had the opportunity to witness firsthand the incredible work of the scientists and researchers onboard, as well as the breathtaking landscapes and wildlife of the Barents Sea. We are proud to have been a part of this important project and to have contributed to its documentation.
- ClientLawrence HislopREV Ocean
- Cinematography/Grade/EditingKjetil Skårdal AndersenOiOiOi
- Art Direction/EditingStian Alessandro Ekkernes RossiOiOiOi
- Art Direction/EditingBjørnar ØvrebøOiOiOi
- Sound Design & MixMarius Paus BrovoldUhørt